Praying for the Big Picture Show
Have you ever been a part of something really special? Maybe you were on the team that won the championship in high school. Or maybe you were a part of the group that helped pack a million meals for Haiti last year. If you’ve ever come to a pond baptism here at Southland then you know firsthand that incredible feeling that comes from experiencing a life changing moment.
We are inviting you to experience one of those once-in-a-lifetime moments. One that you’ll look back on in a year or two and think, “Wow! I can’t believe I got to be a part of that!”
Beginning this weekend you will find a grid in your leader check-in area inviting you to sign up to pray for a specific environment in the Big Picture Show. We are joining together across environments and across campuses inviting God to come and do something huge in our midst. With ten minute slots available from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm, each ministry environment will be bathed in prayer all day for the next six months. We believe that a commitment like this will unify our team like never before.
Here is what you can pray:
- Protection and safety on the weekends. Safety is our first priority on the weekends, as much as we seek to ensure that our kids are safe we also want to pray for the safety and protection of our team and our leaders. Pray for protection in our relationships with God and with others, our schedules and our health.
- Discipleship culture. We want to offer opportunities and resources to our leaders to encourage their spiritual growth. We believe that doing so will better equip them to lead, this is Expression 1.
- Contagious community between leaders. It’s our hope that people would experience a unique community in the Big Picture Show where they are known, loved and appreciated. We believe that experience will overflow into how we lead others, this is Expression 2.
- Life Change. We serve in the Big Picture Show because we want to see kids find their place in God’s big story. This is what brings us back every week. You are radically investing your life into the lives of kids and families at Southland, effecting them for eternity. Pray for aha moments with kids and opportunities to connect with parents, this is Expression 3.
- Right people in the right spot. As God continues to grow Southland across Central Kentucky we have many opportunities for new leaders in the Big Picture Show. We want the right people in the right spot on our team. Offering this special opportunity to serve is Expression 4.
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. Hebrews 12:1-2
We’re in this together. We’re believing together. We’re praying together. Join us.
- Laura Rizer
Animation Station Groups Director